Serious stuff....

26 August 2014

I know I promised Disney pictures when I wrote next, but I just can't bring myself to go through all my pictures right now. I just started school again and have been extremely busy moving and getting situated!

Since school has started, I've been stressed out with juggling homework and leisure time and play time and everything that comes with being a college student, but today, that stress and worrying seems to be extremely irrelevant.

Over the past year or so, my suburban hometown (and I'm sure many others!) seems to be filled with the use of lots and lots of hard drugs. I'm not talking about weed, but I'm talking about pills and heroin. Being able to relate personally with addicts, it breaks my heart to see young girls and boys, not even 20 years old, throwing their lives away in order to get that "high" that they so badly desire. Sure, it may be fun now, or you may be impressing these people now, but is it ultimately worth what could happen to you in the end? Because of my relationships with addicts (something I won't really talk about on here right now), and people who have been directly affected by them and their choices, it's almost hard for me to have sympathy for these young addicts in my town who throw their lives away...killing themselves because they "just can't live with the opportunities that God has given them." Sure, not all of them intentionally kill themselves, but when they make that choice to stick that needle in their arms or to swallow that pill, they know the consequences and what could come along with it. It honestly breaks my heart to see people who could amount to so much become so little.

Either they got caught in the wrong crowd, they had to face some pretty horrible things, or it was just supposed to be something fun; all of these people make the choice to do these hard drugs that could cause so much harm to their family and to their friends. If you know an addict personally, you know how hard it can be to watch them practically throw their lives away. You have watched them turn into somebody their not because of a drug, and that is one of the most heartbreaking things in the world. 

I'm not really sure why I'm even writing this post...maybe to just get some thoughts out on the issue. I just want to bring awareness to the issue that communities all over face. I am 19 years old, and I have to use two hands to count the amount of people I know who have overdosed, and there is something seriously wrong with that. I want teenagers and young adults to open their eyes and see what these drugs can do to them. I want them to not be so selfish as to put their families through a lifetime of hurt and wondering what else they could have done, when in all honesty, there was nothing.

For me, it's hard to feel bad for these addicts. It's hard for me to understand why somebody chooses a life that they can so easily avoid. There are many personal issues I face when it comes to addicts, and many things I need to work on. If you know one, maybe you know how I feel. If you don't personally know any, it probably makes it a lot easier to believe that these people truly did just have a bad life....

Anywhooooooo, this is deep and personal and maybe a little weird! But appreciate the life you have, and the things you have been given because it could all change in a blink of an eye


Rest in peace to the victims of the drug-use phenomenon. 


Leave a Comment

  1. Thanks for bringing this up. Look at any local paper's police blotter and you'll see dozens of arrests for marijuana possession. So, while the cops are padding their statistics in the phony drug "war" and filling our court system with people doing about the mildest drug there is, the sellers of the truly dangerous stuff operate unfettered.

    ReplyDelete