Brain-dead, Everyday Washcloths

13 July 2014

So many, many months ago, I made these wash cloths for my grandma. I love to make little "brain-dead" projects, and these washcloths fit that definition perfect. They make a perfect gift and are so, super easy (if you know the basic purl and knit stitch). My grandmother uses them for all of her dishes and sends them through the washer all the time, and they have worn through it all! Definitely worth your (very little) time and effort!


Materials:
Size 7 Needles
Any worsted weight yarn - I used just some scraps left over from other projects!

Pattern: 
The double seed stitch -
Cast on 31 stitches
Row 1-4: Knit
Row 5: Knit 3, Purl 1, Knit 1, Purl 1 repeat until last 3 stitches - knit.
Row 6: Same as Row 5
Row 7: Knit 3, Knit 1, Purl 1, Knit 1 repeat until last 3 stitches - knit.
Row 8: Same as Row 7
Continue this pattern until your washcloth measures about 8 inches long
Knit 4 rows after you have reached about 8 inches and cast off!

Voila! Let me know if you try them...
Randell

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment